Have you ever been to a scenery situation where you forgot your phone number when someone requested it? Well! I have been in that situation before and I had to ask; “tell me how to check my Glo number?”
It was really embarrassing – I didn’t know my own phone number.
There are several reasons one may forget their mobile phone number; it could be that you just got your line newly and haven’t memorized the 11-digits number assigned to it by your mobile network provider, it could also be that you forgot it as you are not too familiar with that particular phone number or you just don’t know it.
Whichever your reason, in this guide – I will show you 4 simple ways of how you can check your Glo number in a few seconds.
There are basically four simple ways you can use to know your Glo phone number. They are via calling someone next to you, USSD code/Short Code, Dialing a call number, or online via Glo HSI-SelfCare portal.
Normally, when buying a Glo network SIM pack newly, the 11-digits number assigned to it is always shown on the pack. This is the same for MTN, Airtel, and Etisalat network too.
You are not expected to go about holding your SIM pack so you can check your number whenever you need to in fact; you are advised to keep the pack somewhere safe as you may need it to retrieve your SIM in case it got lost.
Now, let us see how you can check your Glo number using the 4 methods I mentioned earlier.
How to Check Glo Number By Calling Someone
- When you have to give out your number and you don’t know it offhand, first thing that comes to mind is that you will request that the person gives you their number and you call them.
- What if you needed to put your Glo number in a form either online or offline? You just have to check the next person to you and ask for their number to call them (if you don’t already have it).
How to Check Glo Number Via USSD Code or Short Code
If you are someone like me who feel embarrassed asking people for help (especially on things that are simple to do). You will surely not like to adopt the first method I mentioned. Don’t worry! You can check your Glo phone number by using USSD or a Short Code. Here is how:
- Dial *135*8# on your Glo mobile network. You will receive a notification containing your Glo line phone number. That’s it. It’s that simple and it’s my favorite method.
How to Check Glo Number By Dialing A Call Number
Before you use this method to know your Glo number, make sure you have a pen and a paper to write it down or phone to type it on.
- Dial 1244 on your mobile phone and listen to the voice prompt. From the voice prompt, you will hear a robotic voice calling out your Glo phone number.
Check Your Glo Phone Number Online Via Glo SelfCare Portal
You have to know that you don’t need to have a data subscription to check your Glo mobile number online via the Glo self-care portal. To check;
- Open a browser on your mobile phone and visit hsi.glo.com – If you’re using a laptop, you’ll see your number on the top right corner of the page that opens. You’ll have to scroll down to see your Glo number if you are using a mobile.
Tell me (via comment session), which one of these methods works best for you?